At Artisan, just outside New Zealand’s largest city, you will find award winning New Zealand wines, a beautiful vineyard restaurant and wine tastings.
Come and enjoy our excellent wine and food in the tranquil beauty of Oratia Valley and taste award-winning Auckland wines in the boutique winery.
Our commitment to the environment has been recognised with organic certification for all of our Auckland vineyards.
Artisan Wines is one of the closest vineyards to central Auckland. We are just 25 minutes’ drive from Auckland city at 99 Parrs Cross Rd, Oratia. Our farmers’ market held every Saturday morning is extremely popular. Sited at our vineyard next to our winery, it features 30-35 stalls selling fresh locally grown or New Zealand produce, oil, fish, meat, breads and preserves.
Visitors are welcome at our tasting room daily. Our winter hours are 11.00am to 5pm - extended hours in summer.
- Artisan Valley East Estate Sauvignon Blanc 2003 (Royal Easter Wine Show 2004, Gold Medal and Champion Wines)
- Artisan Kauri Ridge Chardonnay 2007 (Royal Easter Wine Show 2009, Gold Medal and Trophy Wines)
- Artisan The Far Paddock Pinot Gris 2009 (Royal Easter Wine Show 2010, Gold Medal and Trophy Wines)
- Artisan The Sands Block Sauvignon Blanc 2012 Pure Gold (Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2012, Trophy and Gold Medal Wines)
- Artisan Kauri Ridge Chardonnay, 2008 (International Wine Challenge 2010)
- Artisan Far Paddock Pinot Gris 2009 TROPHY (Bragato Wine Awards 2010, Gold Medal and Trophy Winners)
Oratia Valley Restaurant
We are located just 20 minutes from downtown Auckland in the beautiful Oratia Valley, a peaceful haven of green on the edge of the city.
Our restaurant is open from Tuesday through to Sunday from 11am to 5pm. However, on Saturday mornings during the winter months we are open from 9 am for breakfast and close at 5pm.
Start your visit with an informative wine tasting of our locally grown and Marlborough wines and enjoy lunch from our ever changing seasonal menu.