The Brennan Family bought the land in Gibbston in 1994 and began establishing the vineyard, planting some of the first vines in this region. Murray Brennan, Sean’s father, was born in Auckland and while studying at Otago University, he was drawn to Central Otago and Gibbston in particular. Over the following years Murray and his family kept their connection with Gibbston and Sean regularly visited the region from a very young age.
For many years, the fruit on the Brennan Vineyards was sold to Peregrine Wines, while Sean was developing his winemaking skills. In early 2006, Sean moved to Gibbston permanently with his wife and family, and launched the Brennan label.
Sean has created Brennan Wines to produce limited quantities of exceptional wine that truly represent what this region has to offer. Our fruit is sourced entirely from the family vineyards and Sean maintains intimate control in the winery. While the challenges of the environment are immense, the potential is even greater, and with an extreme perfectionist producing the wines, the outcome is remarkable.
- Brennan Pinot Noir 2009 (Royal Easter Wine Show 2012, Gold Medal and Trophy Wines)
- Brennan B2 Pinot Noir 2011 TROPHY (Royal Easter Wine Show 2013, Trophy and Gold Medal Wines)
- BRENNAN WINES - PINOT NOIR - 2010 (Sydney International Wine Competition 2013, Award Winning Wines)
- Brennan Pinot Noir 2007 (Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2008, Gold Medal and Trophy Winners)
- Brennan Gibbston Central Otago Pinot Noir 2009 (Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2011, Gold Medal and Trophy Winners)
- Brennan Pinot Noir 2007 (BEST IN CLASS) (International Wine and Spirit 2009)
- Brennan Wines B2 Pinot Noir 2011 (International Wine Challenge 2013, Trophy Awards)