When you arrive at Mudbrick, you feel something. Its more than just a venue, its a special environment. Still lovingly cared for by the founders, Nick and Robyn Jones, who established the property in 1992 which at that time, was bare land. The attention to detail is what you will notice. The Mudbrick is rustic, sophisticated, provincial, delicate.
Our food is a combination of complexity and simplicity. We showcase our own produce grown from our Potager gardens deftly and expertly presented by our chefs of international reputation.
Our wines exhibit real character hand grown, hand managed. Unique. Nurtured from vine to bottle. We know you will enjoy sampling our range of gold medal and award winning wines.
The vineyard also features tours and accommodates weddings and other functions.
The winery's tasting room welcomes visitors 7 days 10am to 4pm, and is accommodated in a mudbrick building from which the winery takes its name. Alongside the tasting room is a popular restaurant that offers sophisticated, yet relaxed, A Le Carte lunch and dinner dining.
- Mudbrick Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot 2008 (Liquorland Top 100 2009, Gold Medal and Trophy)
- Mudbrick Vineyard Shepherd's Point Syrah 2008 (Liquorland Top 100 2009, Gold Medal and Trophy)
- Mudbrick Reserve Syrah 2008 (Liquorland Top 100 2010, Gold Medal Winners)
- Mudbrick Reserve Syrah 2006 (Royal Easter Wine Show 2008, Gold and Trophy Winners)
- Mudbrick Shepherds Point Vineyard Syrah 2009 (Royal Easter Wine Show 2011, Gold Medal and Trophy Wines)
- Mudbrick Shepherds Point Vineyard Syrah 2010 (Royal Easter Wine Show 2012, Gold Medal and Trophy Wines)
- Mudbrick Vineyard Reserve Viognier 2013 (Royal Easter Wine Show 2014, Trophy and Gold Medal Wines)
- Mudbrick Vineyard Reserve Chardonnay 2008 (Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2009, Gold Medal and Trophy Winners)
- Mudbrick Vineyard Reserve Syrah 2008 (Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2009, Gold Medal and Trophy Winners)
- Mudbrick Vineyard Waiheke Island Merlot Cabernet Sauvignon 2010 (Pure Gold) [TROPHY] (Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2011, Gold Medal and Trophy Winners)
- Mudbrick Reserve Chardonnay 2008 (Bragato Wine Awards 2009, Gold Medal and Trophy Winners)
- Mudbrick Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot 2009 (Bragato Wine Awards 2010, Gold Medal and Trophy Winners)
- Mudbrick Reserve Syrah 2010 - Nick Jones (Bragato Wine Awards 2011, Gold Medal and Trophy Winners)
- Mudbrick Shepherds Point Syrah 2010 - Nick Jones TROPHY (Bragato Wine Awards 2011, Gold Medal and Trophy Winners)
MUDBRICK VINEYARD RESTAURANT
Our winery restaurant has a wonderful ambience, and has been described as one of the most romantic places on earth.
Our chefs have won international acclaim showcasing the best NZ ingredients.
Opening hours for the Restaurant
Lunch from 11.30am - last seating time 2.30 pm*
Dinner from 6.00pm - last seating time 8.30 pm*
Cellar Door 10.00 - 5pm*
* May differ due to exclusive evening bookings. Opening hours can be confirmed by phoning (09) 372 9050.
Cottages We Own
The Owners Retreat
Situated at the beautiful, pristine Eastern end of Waiheke Island, on a private beach called Circular Bay sits a lovingly-restored family cottage. The Owner’s Retreat is located 30 minutes drive from Matiatia ferry and Mudbrick Restaurant, 25 minutes drive from Kennedy Point Vehicular Ferry.
The Owner’s Retreat at Circular Bay is a world away from your everyday life, or even your everyday holiday. The property is a special retreat for those who enjoy absolute privacy, relaxation and great times.
The Seaside Cottage
When choosing somewhere to stay, wouldn’t it be lovely to find somewhere … somewhere that has panoramic sea views, that’s atmospheric, comfortable, light, …close to a beautiful beach, close to the village, and preferably with a spa pool. It’s what most of us look for in our search for the perfect spot for our getaway to Waiheke Island. This search can take hours on the internet, but you have just found one that ticks all of the above boxes.
The Beach House
Situated between two beaches, the Beach House is a 2 minute drive to Mudbrick and is one of the most stunning spots on Waiheke.
It is a truly breath-taking spot where the views hit you in a continuous wave. It sits between two beaches, is rural, peaceful and private, yet only 5 minutes from the ferry and the main bustling village of Oneroa.
At the Beach House you feel like you are living outside, where the environment becomes part of the inside. When you wake up in the morning it’s like you’ve been sleeping in an outdoor room. Large sliding doors peel back removing all walls if desired. Renowned architects Fearon Hay designed this house and they truly are masters of the outdoor room.