The Wiffen family have owned their Marlborough property, St. Clair, since 1907. Situated on the southern side of the Wairau Valley floor, only a short distance from the centre of town, the property has free draining alluvial soils with some pockets of richer soil. The vineyard was first planted in 1980 with the grapes being supplied to other wineries on contract.
In 1997 we celebrated our first release of wine under the Charles Wiffen Label. Since then our wines have been well rewarded and received some great accolades. Winning several trophies has been a definite highlight. The wines are now recognised in the market place for their quality and fruit driven style.
The vineyard now totals 50 hectares, producing Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Merlot, Pinot Noir and we have new plantings of Pinot Gris and Gewurztraminer.