The quest for quality in all aspects is the hallmark of Peregrine, evidenced by the global acclaim for their wines, the highest international architectural accolades for their beautiful wing spanned winery and the excellence of their customer service programmes.
Set majestically in the rugged mountainous beauty of Central Otago in the South Island of New Zealand, this privately owned producer is committed to enhancing the environment with both their organically certified estates and winery and their hands on involvement in the conservation of New Zealands native birds, the Saddleback and Mohua.
Passionate wine producers and estate owners, Lindsay McLachlan and Greg Hay, have a philosophy of producing wine that is truly representative of the Central Otago region, drawing only the very best hand-picked fruit from 11 sites around the Lowburn, Bendigo and Gibbston sub regions. In its short history it has been an impressive high achiever, with its wines winning numerous prestigious awards and trophies around the world.
Peregrine produced its first vintage in 1998, and although known as a specialist Pinot Noir house, it also produces excellent Riesling, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc.
Located in the beautiful a valley of vines, Peregrine's Cellar Door offers an exceptionally unique experience. From a historic rustic woolshed to a modern, architecturally designed winery, the stunning grounds will capture you immediately.
Upon arrival, you will notice our contemporary building with a striking falcon's wing inspired roof, under which the semi underground tasting room is situated. With a floor-to-ceiling glass wall that frames a view into our barrel hall, it is certainly a stylish setting to taste wine. You are also welcome to take a stroll amongst the barrels and take in the lingering aromas of Pinot Noir and French oak.
Our Cellar Door team are knowledgeable and passionate about our wines and ready to introducing you to the full Peregrine range, or can customise a tasting to your individual preferences. Peregrine is an artisan producer of hand crafted wines, with a focus on Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris and Riesling together with other varieties not typical of Central Otago. Since its first vintage in 1998, Peregrine has gained a reputation for producing consistently awarded wines and has become one of New Zealand's most iconic brands. We look forward to sharing these wines with you.
We are situated 20 minutes from Queenstown along Highway 6 towards Cromwell. Our Cellar Door is open daily from 10am to 5pm (except Christmas Day, Anzac Day morning and Good Friday). We do require bookings for groups larger than 6 people. Please contact us via email below or on +64 3 442 4000.
Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any enquiries.
Peregrine draws fruit from a representative selection of eleven vineyard sites from three major sub-regions of Central Otago; Gibbston, Lowburn and Bendigo.
Three of the vineyard sites are owned / managed by Peregrine. These vineyard sites are all organically farmed. The quality fruit focus starts with the company philosophy of "the soil being the vine's stomach" and soil health is continually enhanced by feeding the soil and inhabitant organisms with specially-made composts brewed onsite with ingredients of pomace (winery waste), straw, baleage and cow manure which are all also produced onsite.
Living in harmony with the environment and bio-diversity are both achieved with a carefully thought out rotation of cover crops sown between the rows and the necessity for any herbicide totally eliminated by a combination of undervine weeders and sheep grazing at key times during the growing season.
- Peregrine Pinot Noir 2004 (Liquorland Top 100 2005, Gold Medal Wines)
- Peregrine Pinot Noir 2007 (Liquorland Top 100 2008, Gold Medal and Trophy Wines)
- Peregrine Pinot Noir 2004 (Royal Easter Wine Show 2006, Gold Medal and Champion Wines)
- Peregrine Rastasburn Riesling 2006 (Royal Easter Wine Show 2008, Gold and Trophy Winners)
- Peregrine Pinot Noir 2002 (Sydney International Wine Competition 2004, Blue Gold Award Winners)
- Peregrine Pinot Noir 2004 (Sydney International Wine Competition 2006, Award Winning Wines)
- Peregrine Pinot Noir 2003 (Sydney International Wine Competition 2006, Award Winning Wines)
- Peregrine Saddleback Pinot Noir 2007 (Sydney International Wine Competition 2009, Award Winning Wines)
- Peregrine Pinot Noir 2007 (Sydney International Wine Competition 2009, Award Winning Wines)
- PEREGRINE PINOT NOIR 2008 (Sydney International Wine Competition 2010, Award Winning Wines)
- Peregrine Pinot Noir 2007 (Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2008, Gold Medal and Trophy Winners)
- Peregrine Central Otago Riesling 2008 (Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2010, Gold Medal and Trophy Winners)
- Peregrine Central Otago Pinot Noir 2009 [TROPHY] (Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2010, Gold Medal and Trophy Winners)
- Peregrine Pinot Noir 2007 (BEST IN CLASS) (International Wine and Spirit 2009)
- Peregrine Pinot Noir 2009 (International Wine and Spirit 2011, Gold Medal Winners)
- Peregrine Pinot Noir 2007 (International Wine Challenge 2009)
- Peregrine Marks and Spencer Saddleback Pinot Noir, 2007 (International Wine Challenge 2009)
- Peregrine Pinot Noir, 2008 (International Wine Challenge 2010)